SMALL POWER ENGINEERING
The electric power industry in Karakalpakia began its development from the stage of small-scale power engineering, in 1922 a diesel power plant with a capacity of 12 kW was built in the city of Turtkul in Gorkomkhoz. The electricity generated by this power plant was mainly used to illuminate the offices of the government of Karakalpakstan, its structural units, the X-ray apparatus in the hospital and the apartment buildings of the government apparatus staff. Thus, the inhabitants of the city of Turtkul first saw luminous electric bulbs. People often gathered in groups and looked with great interest at the bright light of the bulb for a long time, like a great miracle of technology. In the meantime, the leaders of other cities and regional centers put forward their requests to the government, allocate funds and equipment for the construction of power plants. In 1928 a diesel power plant with a capacity of 12 kW was put into operation in the city of Chimbay in Gorkomkhoz, the electricity of which was used only for lighting office and residential premises. The dictates of the time put forward the need to accelerate the development of municipal facilities and social and cultural facilities in cities and regional centers, which significantly improved the living and cultural conditions of their inhabitants.
There was a need for electrical energy for industrial use. The Council of People's Commissars of the Karakalpak ASSR at its meeting, considering the plan for the development of the national economy of the CCASSR for 1933, adopts the Resolution of 20.10.1932 in which, as the main objects of industrial construction for 1933, determines the construction of power stations in the city of Nukus with a capacity of 75 kW, In the city of Khojali with a capacity of 50 kW and in the village of Muynak with a capacity of 30 kW. Since this year, the design, construction and operation of power plants in the cities and regional centers of the republic was entrusted to engage in public utilities, design and estimate documentation for the construction of power plants under the contract carried out design organizations "Kommunenergostroy" in Moscow and Leningrad.
The equipment for power plants was supplied by manufacturing plants from
The Russian Federation and the Ukrainian SSR. The cadres of builders, installers and operators were trained by highly qualified electrical engineers and mechanical engineers from the local population, invited from other republics of the Union (Comrade Torskov, V. Trifonov and others). The construction of low-power diesel power stations did not provide electric power to the industrial processes of industrial facilities. Therefore, cotton gins, oil maslaws, metal repair shops, brickworks and other industrial and cultural enterprises were built and put into operation with their own autonomous power stations of such capacity that provided all the production processes for production with electric power. But there were still many production facilities, where steam power and diesel plants operated, which brought machines and equipment into operation using transmission and drive belts.
In all cities and regional centers, clubs and radio nodes were built with their diesel power stations.Remained the most backward in the development of agricultural production. The machine-tractor stations, organized for the mechanization of labor-intensive processes in agriculture, greatly increased labor productivity and the culture of production of collective farmers and state farm workers, and also increased the yield of cotton, grain and other crops.
Full information you can download in PDF format
No results found